Friday, July 26, 2013

A candy miscellany

Let's just pretend I posted this pictures all cuckoo on purpose. Call it artistic expression. I'm working with Windows 8 now, and I don't think I've ever hated a piece of technology more. I borrowed a copy of "Windows 8 for Seniors" from the library, but I only got halfway through before it was due. Clearly I need a tutor. In any case, this is just a random post of some recent goodies.
As you can see, I found a bargain at Target. I got a Sweet & Salty Bark and a Candied Orange Bark for 48 cents. (They weren't close to expiring, so I figured I was safe. I'm guessing these are going to be discontinued.) I actually really liked these. They were a good amount of chocolate without being too much and I liked the combination of flavors. My only regret is that I should've bought more.
And here, if you turn your computer upside down, you can see the new m&m's chocolate bar. It's a candy bar with mini m&m's embedded in it. There's not much you can really say about that except, yum!
And these beautiful truffles from See's. I really love See's candies because they taste great, they're American-made, they ship well and are affordable. They're definitely a permanent selection on my gift-giving list.
Lastly, there's this deliciousness: Alter Eco Dark Quinoa Organic Chocolate. I wrote about some of Alter Eco's other flavors here, and I loved them so much that I knew I had to try the quinoa one when I saw it at Whole Foods. This chocolate is so fruity and smooth and the quinoa gives it a nice crunch. I only wish that Mr. Goodbar hadn't found the second half in my secret drawer and eaten it.  

No comments: